Although Manchester United centre-back Victor Lindelof is currently recovering from an injury, he could still be on the move before the transfer deadline. The 30-year-old Sweden international missed the first two games of the season through injury and Ten Hag said he had a problem with his left toe.
With United signing two new centre-backs, Victor Lindelof's place in the playing order has inevitably dropped. So if there are no injuries, his game time will be limited, with Lenny· Yoro, De Ligt, Lisandro· Martinez and Harry Maguire all higher in Ten Hag's squad, with Lindelof having to compete with veteran Evans for a place at fifth rear.
Last season, Victor Lindelof played 19 Premier League games for Manchester United, scoring two goals, but that was due to numerous injuries. According to Italian media reports, now the "Sweden Iceman" has aroused the interest of the Serie A team. Transfer expert Di Marzio claims Lazio are considering bringing in Victor Lindelof.
However, Lazio must reach an agreement with United before Friday's deadline and convince Victor Lindelof to agree to join, which has only one year left on his contract and is said to only join strong teams that offer a decent salary, a condition that Lazio may not necessarily qualify. The Blues finished seventh in Serie A last season and could only play in the Europa League, and they struggled to offer a high salary.
Victor Lindelof, who earns £120,000 a week at United, doesn't mind staying for another year as injuries to all of his defenders may not be a chance to play again.
However, Lindelof's wife Maia · Nelson · Lindelof have posted a mysterious message on social media, suggesting that her husband may leave Old Trafford in this transfer window.
Maya · Nelson posted a photo of herself sitting in an elevator piled high with luggage, next to which she was written in Sweden words, "nu åker vi", which translates to "here we go", is known to be the word used by Italy transfer expert Fabrizio · Romano to announce the transfer.
Interestingly, Lindelof's injuries were known before because his influencer model wife revealed that he was on crutches every day in slow motion.
Previously, Lindelof was once rumored to be a possible member of the Turkish Super League coached by Mourinho Fenerbahce, who was the "madman" who was introduced to Manchester United from Benfica for 30 million pounds, and publicly expressed his nostalgia for his mentor.
But United's €12 million price tag is a hindrance, with Victor Lindelof's high salary being the second obstacle. United activated the option of a one-year extension from Lindelof's contract in December, otherwise they could have been released in June.
The Manchester Evening News reports that Lindelof will be used as a substitute at full-back if he remains at the club. Lindelof, who has not been in training for more than three weeks, played two halves in pre-season. Manchester United sources have revealed that Victor Lindelof is one of the players who could fill the wing-back position, especially at left-back.
Victor Lindelof started six times at left-back last season and replaced Luke ·Shaw at half-time against Aston Villa and Luton Town at left-back. In the six games Lindelof played at left-back, United lost three. United have no intention of bringing in a temporary left-back before Friday's transfer deadline, with Ten Hag wanting to wait for Luke· Shaw and Terrell · Malacia to recover from injury.