Serie A Napoli and Premier League side Chelsea remain inextricably linked with Manchester United winger Alejandro Garnacho, and both clubs are expected to approach the Reds again. Among them, Napoli coach Antonio Conte personally tested the transfer attitude of Garnacho and his agent last week, and received good feedback.
Chelsea are also keeping a close eye on Garnacho's agents, Carlos Cambello and de Lucas, who have also been invited to watch the Premier League at Stamford Bridge in midweek. Also on Chelsea's winger selection list are Borussia Dortmund's Jamie Baino-Gitens and Karim Adeyemi.
Manchester United's official narrative is that Garnacho is a valuable Academy graduate and they are not planning to sell him at this time. But if Chelsea or Napoli increase their offers, Sir Jim Ratcliffe will accept them. United have only paid a transfer fee of £420,000 for Garnacho, and trading him could bring the club a net profit after amortisation.
Garnacho has 13 goals and assists for United this season, second only to Bruno Fernandes' 19 and Amad Diallo's 16. However, the more crucial statistic is that Garnacho has only scored two goals and assists in 14 games under Amorim, both of which have only been achieved recently. He also started just six times during that period, and his traits were deemed unsuitable for Amorim's 343 formation.
Garnacho is a backfoot winger who excels at cutting inside with his right foot on the left flank. Amorim's system has only space for a number 10 and a centre-forward, and he needs an inside forward more than a winger like Garnacho. Therefore, from a technical and tactical point of view, Garnacho can also be sold.
Argentina journalist Gaston Eduer also said Garnacho is now likely to leave Manchester United. Premier League transfer expert Graeme Bailey has revealed that Garnacho and his agent are unhappy with their situation at Manchester United, so they have concocted the current transfer rumours.
"It's a pinch, there are some problems, and there's a realisation that Garnacho may not be part of the Amorim system for long. He knew there were other options for this month, and it was indeed possible to leave. If Manchester United's stance on the transfer fee is softened, then the pace of transfer could be very fast." "I would say that Garnacho's actions were partly the result of instigation by his agent," Bailey said. They realised he wasn't in the manager's long-term plans."
The British Daily Mail reported last week that Manchester United valued Garnacho at £65 million, but now they want £75 million! However, there are concerns about the attitude and professionalism of the Argentine winger, and whether such a transfer fee is worth it.
Napoli have proposed to Manchester United that the introduction of Osimhen this summer could be "discounted" if they work well together on Garnacho's transfer, and the Nigerian striker is valued at £63 million. But if the Red Devils insist on asking for a high price for the Argentina international, then there will be a "courtesy" to buy Osimhen.
Sky Sport Italia reports that Manchester United agreed to Napoli's offer to sell Garnacho for £55million in talks on Tuesday. But Italian transfer expert Fabrizio Romano said: "Napoli are interested in Garnacho and Conte has called to ask for the Argentinian, but the transfer fee is too high and it seems difficult for Napoli. In addition, Chelsea are also under consideration, having made inquiries last week and will have more contact this week to find out what is happening with Garnacho. Therefore, Chelsea and Napoli are both interested in it, but United are very clear that it has to be a very high offer or the player will remain at the club in the January transfer window."